Thursday, November 18, 2010

Easy Cloth Garland

This is a great craft for a lazy person like me. It's easy, takes little time, cheap, customizable, and in my humble opinion, very, very pretty.

I went to the fabric store and found some fabric that I liked.


I cut the fabric into strips, I didn't really measure or anything, but I would say they were 1.5 inches by 8-10 inches.


Tied the strips together


Then I just wrapped it around the tree (probably don't have to tell you guys that, anyone who is smart enough to find this blog probably knows how to put garland on a Christmas tree.)


I took the rest of the fabric and laid it at around the bottom of the tree. Much cheaper than a tree skirt, and it matches perfectly.


I used 4 yards. The fake tree skirt could probably use a little more fabric, but I am too lazy to go get it. Actually I will say I am too thrifty to go get it. That sounds better.

The Christmas tree is not quite done yet, but I will have pictures soon to show you the whole thing.

Linked to:
My Romantic Home
Frugal Fabulous Design
Finding Fabulous
Fingerprints on the Fridge
The Shabby Chic Cottage
Paisley Passions
The Shabby Nest
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Freckled Laundry
Funky Junk Interiors
Saturday Mornings
Under the Table and Dreaming
Cottage Instincts

14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful garland. Keep up the lovely work! Happy Thanksgiving!

    Please stop by and enter my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your garland! I love Christmas decorating that has a homespun look to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea for a garland. I love that you can change it up by chosing different fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! I would love for you to come link this up at my Strut Your Stuff Party, and enter the giveaway as well!
    http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/11/strut-your-stuff-link-party-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am making all the ornaments for our tree this year, and I have been contemplating how to make a cute garland for it....this is a GREAT idea! I found you through Funky Junk. I'm a new follower! :)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. Thanks Kelly for following!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the garland, this is the best kind of craft, quick & easy!!! And I love your attitude, lol!!! I will be following your blog, also, as soon as I figure out how!!!

    LindaB aka paintNpatch

    ReplyDelete
  8. LindaB - can i just say that I love that you love my attitude! I hope you do figure out how to follow the blog, especially if you keep leaving comments like this that make me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this, I am putting up my tree today and realized I did not have any garland or even ribbon for it but I have alot of fabric !!!! Thanks for the idea :-) I'm a new follower

    http://twigandtwirls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay I am so glad that you like it! I can't wait to see what it looks like, please make sure you post pics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks great! What a wonderful way to use up all of those leftover scraps of fabric from other projects...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Libby. This is adorable! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this today - stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Hope you have a fabulous week ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! So much prettier than standard garland, don't you think? Thank you so much for linking with air your laundry Friday.

    xoxo,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for an interesting blog. What else may I get that sort of info written in such a perfect approach? I have an undertaking that I am just now operating on, and I have been on the lookout for such info. wool jersey fabric

    ReplyDelete