Thursday, November 18, 2010

Easy Cloth Garland

This is a great craft for a lazy person like me. It's easy, takes little time, cheap, customizable, and in my humble opinion, very, very pretty.

I went to the fabric store and found some fabric that I liked.


I cut the fabric into strips, I didn't really measure or anything, but I would say they were 1.5 inches by 8-10 inches.


Tied the strips together


Then I just wrapped it around the tree (probably don't have to tell you guys that, anyone who is smart enough to find this blog probably knows how to put garland on a Christmas tree.)


I took the rest of the fabric and laid it at around the bottom of the tree. Much cheaper than a tree skirt, and it matches perfectly.


I used 4 yards. The fake tree skirt could probably use a little more fabric, but I am too lazy to go get it. Actually I will say I am too thrifty to go get it. That sounds better.

The Christmas tree is not quite done yet, but I will have pictures soon to show you the whole thing.

Linked to:
My Romantic Home
Frugal Fabulous Design
Finding Fabulous
Fingerprints on the Fridge
The Shabby Chic Cottage
Paisley Passions
The Shabby Nest
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Freckled Laundry
Funky Junk Interiors
Saturday Mornings
Under the Table and Dreaming
Cottage Instincts

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful garland. Keep up the lovely work! Happy Thanksgiving!

    Please stop by and enter my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your garland! I love Christmas decorating that has a homespun look to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea for a garland. I love that you can change it up by chosing different fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! I would love for you to come link this up at my Strut Your Stuff Party, and enter the giveaway as well!
    http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/11/strut-your-stuff-link-party-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am making all the ornaments for our tree this year, and I have been contemplating how to make a cute garland for it....this is a GREAT idea! I found you through Funky Junk. I'm a new follower! :)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. Thanks Kelly for following!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the garland, this is the best kind of craft, quick & easy!!! And I love your attitude, lol!!! I will be following your blog, also, as soon as I figure out how!!!

    LindaB aka paintNpatch

    ReplyDelete
  8. LindaB - can i just say that I love that you love my attitude! I hope you do figure out how to follow the blog, especially if you keep leaving comments like this that make me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this, I am putting up my tree today and realized I did not have any garland or even ribbon for it but I have alot of fabric !!!! Thanks for the idea :-) I'm a new follower

    http://twigandtwirls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay I am so glad that you like it! I can't wait to see what it looks like, please make sure you post pics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks great! What a wonderful way to use up all of those leftover scraps of fabric from other projects...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Libby. This is adorable! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this today - stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Hope you have a fabulous week ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! So much prettier than standard garland, don't you think? Thank you so much for linking with air your laundry Friday.

    xoxo,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete