Saturday, November 20, 2010

Barn Star Ornaments

I have always had a red white (silver) and blue themed tree. I love the colors. I have always just used the plastic ball ornaments, but last year I found these cute ornaments for 90% off at Kohls.


The problem with getting Christmas ornaments on clearance is sometimes you can't find enough. I could have just had a scarce tree this year and looked for more ornaments after Christmas, or I could have just pulled out my shiny Christmas balls that I have used before that didn't quite match. Neither one of those options would have really worked because I am too anal, and too much of a perfectionist (not about everything, just some things).

Found these bad boys on one of my million trips to the local Dollar Tree.
I love it! well not the snowman that is on there, he is just okay, but not really the look that I am going for. I love the shape! It is a barn star shaped ornament for only $1. I have seen them at other stores for $3+.

To fix this and make it match I used my new favorite thing in the world, well not really, but it's up there on my list of new favorite things.


Look at how great my barn stars look now, I love it!

These ornaments are a really good size too. Well worth their $1 price tag. Here is what they look like on my tree. I tried several times and could not get a great picture of the tree. I promise it has lights, lots of them, and they were shining bright.
I am still trying to decide if I want to paint the star on top white also. What do y'all think I should do?

(If you are eying that beautiful gingham garland and wondering where I got that from you can find out more about it here.)

Linked to:
Funky Junk Interiors
Saturday Mornings
Under the Table and dreaming
Cottage Instincts

4 comments:

  1. Soooooo super duper CUTE!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty tree, and the white stars really pop! I found those stars, too, and we're decoupaging them in Christmas music paper. Love your red, white and blue colors! The bandanna balls are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SMART!! Love it!! I love barn stars so this is right up my alley!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll head over to the Dollar Tree now...

    ReplyDelete