Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bi-annual update

So when I started this blog I had great intentions of updating it all the time - as you can see that didn't work out so well.

So let me update you with what has been going on in my life in the last 6 months. The biggest news is that Greg deployed. He is in the guard, and he deployed in January after being home for 3 years and 2 days (not that I am counting or anything). He should be back before the end of the year. While communication is not as good as it was his last deployment, he is in a much safer location, and we are both very thankful for that.

Emily is doing well. She is getting so big, so fast. She is already reading, her penmanship has gotten much better, and she is just so smart. She learned how to do the monkey bars last week, and she is so proud of herself. She is very active in girl scouts, plays soccer, and will be starting t-ball next month. She has made some great friends at school, and we are very lucky that she is adjusting so well. She misses her daddy very much, but she is a strong girl.

Garrett is getting way too big, way too fast. I just bought his summer clothes, and they were all 12 months. He can wear them already! I am not sure who is letting him grow so big so fast, but I don't like it at all. He loves, loves, loves his big sister. No one can make him laugh like she can, and it is so cute to watch them interact. He is not crawling yet, but he wants to so bad. He army crawls and rolls to where he wants to go. He claps his hands, tries to wave, and babbles all the time. He has brought us so much joy, and I am so thankful that he is part of our family.

I am doing fine. I work part-time still. I co-lead Emily's daisy troop and am on the steering team for my MOPS group. All of that plus trying to manage everyday life on my own keeps me busy. The good thing about a deployment is it really opens your eyes, and lets you see who your true friends are. People who I wouldn't have thought cared so much have been so sweet and so generous. Offering to have me and the kids over for a meal, watching the kids when I have been in a babysitting bind, meeting up with me so I could get some much needed adult interaction, or just calling in and checking on us. I am so lucky that I am part of such an amazing MOPS group, and to have such amazing friends, and amazing in-laws.

I will try to update this soon, or at least before 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment